Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My Top 8 Workout Questions and Answers

As a Personal Health and Fitness Coach part of my commitment to clients is consulting with them. This includes answering their many fitness and health related questions. Needless to say, I get asked a lot of questions. And, there are several questions that seem to be on almost everyone’s minds. So for the next 8 weeks, I'm going to give the answers to the Top 8 inquiries that I've received. I'm going to address 1 question each week. If you have questions, please feel free to comment on my Post. I'd love to hear from you and address your questions.

Question: I really want to workout and get in-shape, but I just don’t have the time. What should I do?

Answer: You are not alone. One of the top reasons people give for not working out is lack of time. The first step is to realize that it’s not that you don’t have the time, but that you are not making it a priority in your schedule. What people don't realize is that it doesn't take a huge time commitment to reap the many rewards of regular exercise. Many people think that if they can't workout several hours a week, then they might as well not workout at all. But, exercising even just a couple of days a week is far better than not exercising at all. The key is finding a truly effective and efficient workout plan.

6 comments:

  1. Gena,
    Hi, Congratulations on your blog!
    Great first question. I do not make excercise a priority and I always thought you needed many hours to benefit. Whenever I attempted to excercise regularly, I would get hurt and then I would stop and that was the end. Looking forward to you next question and answer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Bonnie.
    You are like most people when they introduce exercise into their daily routine. In the beginning, we are so excited to begin our exercise program that we often take on way too much. As a result, we either end up injured or burned out early into our program. Exercise is a "process" that has to be slowly introduced into our lifestyle in order to be successful throughout the course of our lifetime. The ultimate goal is to create a lifestyle "change", one that is realistic and one that is lasting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gena,
    Thank you for your response. After reading your article yesterday I began to exercise,did the bike slowly and will continue this "process".Thank you for sharing with all of us and I am looking forward to your further updates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Right On" Bonnie!!! I look forward to hearing about your process as you go along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This first question is absolutely smashing, as IT IS the reason why so many do not exercise at all! And I am, unfortunately, one of those relapse... :( However, I would love to be able to do things differently. Would it be possible to make a post with a few easy exercises for everyday? Something one might even be able to do at home?

    Congratulations ans also much LOVE for all the good vibes you permanently put online and send around you!

    I can feel them all the way here, in Portugal!

    Maria Carmo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Maria,

    Thank you for your warm response and I’m so blessed to know that you are receiving my energy all the way from Portugal! I Love It!

    Before getting into the exercises, which I will address in my future posts, these are a couple things that I recommend for you to get started with.

    One of the first and most important things that you can focus on right now, even before learning new exercises, is to “create time” for a life long exercise pattern to develop into your daily routine. Dedicate one hour, each day just for “YOU” without any interruption and/or distraction. This first step is critical for life long results. You have to learn to become comfortable in this newly created space, knowing that this is your sacred time to create healthier patterns and ways of being for yourself and for the world around you.

    Once you have made the "commitment" to set aside one hour for your health and well being, you can start with some walking and breath work.

    Walking- enhances cognitive function, increases energy levels, strengthens the immune system and improves the cardiovascular system.

    Proper breathing is also essential for increasing and maintaining energy. It’s also the moment-to-moment, day-to-day pathway to whole health. Breathing deeply cleanses the internal system and it supports mental clarity and emotional balance.

    Thank you Marie for your comments! Stay tuned for more questions/answers and exercise tips. Also, let me know if you are interested in receiving my monthly news-letter where I always introduce one new animated exercise each month.
    Your's in Health,
    Gena

    ReplyDelete