Monday, September 20, 2010

Be Yourself

No one likes to hear the words, "I don't like you." Some people will do almost anything to be liked, even at the expense of their own happiness, values, beliefs and standards.

Some people's overwhelming need to be liked is the very thing that makes them hard to like. In fact, for many people, the need to be liked is actually a significant barrier to personal and professional growth.

Not everyone is going to like you, and that's OK. While it's normal to want to be needed, liked, loved and important to others, it's also crucial to GET CLEAR about WHO YOU ARE and what you stand for, and to live a life CONSISTENT with those VALUES.

When it comes to this issue, you might want to ask yourself these questions:

Do I speak the truth (while exercising care, wisdom and understanding even if it's not popular to do so?)

Do I live a life which is consistent with my core values?

Do I operate with integrity?

Do I believe that my motives are good?

Is it my goal to be a positive influence in the lives of others?

Am I happy to disagree with people I like?

Do I like me?


No comments:

Post a Comment